Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Next?

I ordered more fabric. I know, I know, I was so proud of myself for not adding to my stash for so long and using only what I have (and I have a lot) but hear me out. Everything I have is either so nice that I'm afraid to use it, like four yards of raspberry silk charmeuse, or just one yard of something-or-other {blah} that I can only make little projects from.
So I bought a bunch of rayon satin (never worked with it before but it was on sale) in this lovely rose color:
I'll be making my recently arrived Advance 8229 out of this, and some lovely lace that my lovely mother is being kind enough to send me.
And now for the reason that I've been asking Mike every day, "Any mail today?" and driving him crazy. I bought more amazing German vintage pattern magazines. Ones like Burda Magazine with patterns in them. Mike came into my studio the other day, saw me on the computer and asked what I was looking at. I replied that I was looking at things I was never going to buy, and he kindly reminded me that I work really hard, and should spend some of the money I earn on things I really want. You don't have to tell me twice. I bid, and won two of them from the same seller. The bonus? I had bought from Dusty Bobbins before and to make up for a tiny mistake with one of my purchases she gave me a third free!
Best customer service EVER, and she supplied for my sick sewing habit, so she's my new hero. Check out her shop on ebay!
Here's one issue:
That's right people, soon the PATTERNS for these will be at my finger-tips.
Where will I wear these amazing items once I've made them, you ask?
I have no idea, and I don't care because I WANT THEM. 

Looks like I'm going to have to buy more fabric. Mmmmmmm...{insert evil cackle here}.

1 comment:

  1. You will wear them everywhere!!!!! You can revive an "oldie but goodie" fashion trend. I wish that we still wore skirts and dresses as our everyday staple item. Don't get me wrong, I love my jeans but I think that if I had the perfect fitting skirt and/or dress I would live in them. When I see patterns like this it reminds me that "back then" women were more feminine and gentile. Now a days it seems like so many women are trying to make it in a world were men are getting the better jobs so they feel like they have to "act" like the men do. They seem to have lost all sense of femininity. It is just so sad. So, I say way to go for you wanting to bring back the wonderful styles that we all seem to have forgotten.

    ReplyDelete