Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Looking for a little color!

As much as I love my new sewing studio, I can't help but feel that it's just TOO white.

I have decided to decorate the hell out of it much in the same manner as these beautiful sewing rooms:

Photo from Allsorts.

Image from AllPeopleQuilt



Granted, these people are allowed to paint their spaces. That's not feasible for me here so I'm going to have to add splashes of color however I can.  I started today with finally filling a set of frames I had sitting about.
I jumped on Photoshop and whipped and printed these in a jiffy. The print is a scrap of Amy Butler fabric.

This one sits above my sewing machine, where most bad things happen.


I'm looking at adding some colorful print curtains to the mix. Which of these fabrics from fabric.com do you think would make the right curtains to coordinate with all this stuff?


I also hope to add a bright rug to the mix, perhaps one of these from Urban Outfitters.



And I'm toying with the idea of recovering  my dress form to coordinate with the color scheme I pick out, maybe like this one.
From Urban Outfitters

Any decorating suggestions?

Also, there's a great giveaway over on Sew Something Vintage for some wonderful vintage German pattern Magazines and patterns.

7 comments:

  1. Those rooms are so gorgeous! How inspiring to work in a space like that. My sewing room is also the overflow room for furniture, art and random junk that's not in use elsewhere. So it's not exactly decorative.
    I love those fabrics you've shown, and I would pick EK-125 since the wide stripes would offset a floral rug beautifully. I can hardly wait to see your room when you're finished decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, I love it all! So colorful and pretty! I'm going to have a blog post in a day or two about what I'm doing with my sewing area. You might get some decorating ideas from what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, adding the pops of color. I like EK-125 print also. I am also drawn to the print UK-612, probably because it is stylized. Where do you display your fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of making a cover for your dress form - the Urban Outfitter one is gorgeous. For the curtains I like EN-456 and EO-376. What I like that they have a pattern as well as more color saturation that than the other prints. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would pick print EK-125 or EO-376.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd also go for EK-125 for curtains, especially if you're planning on florals for rugs etc. The stripe will compliment any more busy patterns nicely without being overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like DW-0808 as it is a bit more subtle but has a lot of colours in it so would tie in with the things in your room and anything new you might add in the future.

    ReplyDelete