Friday, February 8, 2013

Sewing Competition Extended!

Hello lovely readers. This is just a quick announcement that due to popular demand, I have decided to extend the deadline for entries to the lingerie sewing competition!



I received comments and emails from several of you asking for just a bit more time. As someone who has done some sewing on demand for customers and other competitions, I get the stress of trying to finish when everything in your life is conspiring against your personal sewing time. So, instead of announcing the official competitors today, I have decided to give you a little more time! Since the weekend is when most of us have time to sew for ourselves, I'll give you two of them. The new deadline for submissions is Monday, February 18th. We'll then post the official competitors on Tuesday, the 19th and voting will last until we announce the winner on Tuesday the 26th.
(For how to post your entry to Craftsy.com, check out this post.)

I hope that gives you all enough time and may the sewing gods keep your schedules free of any broken machines, disasters and mean bosses making you work overtime!

In the meantime, here is a really beautiful piece of lingerie to inspire you this weekend.

Corset by Agent Provocateur, € 1520.00
Corset by Agent Provocateur, € 1520.00
It's pricy, but usual, I just think, "I could make that."

Happy sewing!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Anna!! That helps a lot! And OMG what a gorgeous piece of lingerie.. I love how the bust is held close together. so 17 century..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Between strep throat hitting our household and a blizzard I have been unable to hit the fabric store for necessary finishing items. So I will be doing the happy dance because now I will be able to finish all three items instead of just one :-) Gorgeous corset top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see all the projcts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just found your blog through your etsy shop. I've made lots of dresses but never any underwear, I'm tempted to try so I think your blog will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooo! Thanks Anna. Will get cracking and have mine posted soon!

    ReplyDelete